for those of you wondering... we will be CLOSED on Mother's Day and Memorial Day! one of the beautiful things about owning your own business is the ability to choose to allow yourself and your staff to enjoy holidays with family! we're choosing family time! enjoy yours!
a panoramic photo of Olive taken by the folks at Bing (website browser) early tonight!
we lit up the wympee last night, while it was 60 some degrees and gorgeous out! don't forget you can book out the restaurant for private parties, Sunday-Wednesday evenings! we've got gift certificates you can purchase right here on our website and in-store!
also we just announced... that we'll be open for dinner on monday night for New Year's Eve so you can dine with us before you get to partying!! we're taking reservations and seating from 5-8pm with the dining room closing by 9:45ish so we can go celebrat
THEN, on tuesday, we'll host our first 'New Year's Day Recovery Brunch!'... we'll be open from 11-3p on New Year's Day with our full brunch and lunch menu and a special featuring pork loin and sauerkraut for tradition's sake!!! say good bye to 2012, and hello to 2013 with us!!!
some come out and support local this december
new canvas, deluxe totes, perfect for the farmer's market! enroute to Olive for the holidays! $20. In store only! we also sell our staff shirts and salt and pepper grinders at the shop!
we're ramping up for the holidays! in other news... we just hosted our 40,000th guest, which is pretty amazing for a 28 seat diner with limited hours and such a funky concept! thanks to everyone for supporting our little dive!! did you know you can rent the whole place out for christmas parties for friends, family or your work crew for up to 20 guests sunday-wednesday evenings?? e-mail us at email@example.com for more information!!! we just finally, just put our garden to bed, and anxiously await the arrival of the seed catalogs so we can start planning for next year (there are pictures from this season below!)! the new menus have been out for a month now... check them out on the other pages, we've got some great new comfort foods as the weather is finally warrenting... items of note the Risotto Bombs on our small plates for dinner, the breakfast tacos have been a huge hit, our vegan and gluten free fare have just gotten better and better, and our paleo platter has become a favorite! we'll be closed December 23-26th for our holiday break with our families, but other than that it's full steam ahead!!
1. Olive was CLOSED all day October 27th, as 5th Street was closed for Hauntfest and since it's usually a slow sales day, we decided to let the staff go play... so we're sorry if we missed you!!
2. We plan to launch our new fall menu beginning Thursday, November 1st!!! come see all the new comfort foods and healthy alternatives we have lined up for you! we'll post all the new menus on our website by First Friday that week!!! www.olivedive.com
3. The art of Ben Riddlebarger goes up next week on our walls! huge thanks to Ron Rollins for letting us keep his art up for the last two months!! you should consider buying one!!!
4. Do you want to get pictures of the daily specials? Like us on our fan page https://www.facebook.com/olivedive and make us a 'special interest' also (see this option by hovering over the like button), so you'll always be in the loop! (side effects may include drooling on your desk, sudden cravings for local goodness and an incredible urge to make reservations or to order carry out by calling 222.DIVE (3483)! BYOB)
5. announcing our new 'dine at 5 or 9 discount'!!!
*make your reservations for 5pm or 9pm & get 10% off your bill if you mention the discount! you'll have your table for an hour & 15 minutes to qualify, so we can book a table after you! - or we can head on home if it's late, late night reservations can have a bit more time though!*
Thanks to all of you for supporting our little dive!
Fifth Street will be closed at Wayne Avenue and we've just found it to be a slow day, so we're letting our staff go play!